Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Am I Purchasing?
When you purchase one of our sample libraries you are NOT obtaining OWNERSHIP of the sounds in the library. You are in fact purchasing a LICENCE to use the sounds within your musical compositions, whether or not your compositions are released commercially. The original producer of the sounds will always remain the OWNER of the sounds.
Once purchased your license is NON-TRANSFERABLE which means that the license is authorized only to the original purchaser. You are not permitted in ANY way to share the purchased sample library with others. We work closely with the BPI and other International organizations to monitor illegal internet file sharing. If you are engaged in the illegal file sharing of our products we WILL gain sufficient evidence to prosecute you in line with current copy write laws.
2. How Can I Use Wave Alchemy Samples?
Once you have purchased one of our sound libraries you have a single-user license which permits you to use samples from that library in your own musical compositions. You may release such compositions commercially without payment of any further royalties or fees for such usage. You cannot use the sounds from our sample libraries in isolation for a commercial release or project. For example you are not authorized to create another sample CD or sound library with any of the sounds from our products. Doing so will infringe copyright law and you will be liable for prosecution under the copy write design and patents act 1988. You are permitted to use the sounds in library or production music as long as you follow the guidelines above and use sounds in musical compositions rather than in isolation.
3. Do I have to credit Wave Alchemy when I use samples in a commercial release?
No you don’t have to but if you feel like it then it would be greatly appreciated!
4. Can I Sell My Licence?
Unfortunately, NO you cannot sell your license. Once you have purchased it you have the license for life. If you sell our libraries on to others after you have finished with them it kills us as a business. By not selling your license to others you are supporting our sound designers, our dedicated staff and the musicians who we work with to produce award winning sample libraries.
5. What's a Zip File?
In order to save server storage space and to decrease download time we use data compression software. If you purchase one of our download products you will find that the whole product is ‘zipped’. Notice that the file has the .zip suffix (example below).
6. Is Wave Alchemy's Website Secure?
Yes, we keep your details on a secure server. All order transactions are processed using SSL technology via Paypal’s secure payment system.
7. Can I listen to demo's of Wave Alchmy's products before purchase?
Yes! simply click any ‘play icon’ to load that demo into the Wave Alchemy mp3 player. The demo will begin to play as soon as you have clicked the play icon. You are now free to navigate the website while listening to your selection.
8. How do I Purchase Wave Alchemy Products?
- Choose your preferred format under purchase options for your chosen product/s.
- Click ‘add to cart’.
- You will be transported to a shopping cart summary page. Here you can change the quantity for chosen products and/or delete products you no longer require.
- Click the link ‘log in to go to checkout’
- If you already have an account then enter your username and password in the box’s provided. If you don’t have a customer account with us then you can sign up using the form provided.
- As soon as you are logged in as a customer you will be transported to the checkout. Here you can check the order details before you click ‘checkout with Paypal’ at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure you take time to read our terms and conditions. Once you have read them please tick the box provided before you submit your order.
9. What Happens Once I Have Purchased a Product?
If your order has been successful you will be transported back to your ‘my account’ page. Here you will see that you have instant download access to your purchased sound library. You have a time limit of 24 hrs to download your product and you are limited to 3 download attempts.
Please note - some users may experience problems when using download accelerators such as the one built into Fire fox. If you have any problems downloading then please use our contact us form to report your problems to us.
10. How Does Wave Alchemy Name Sound Files?
Where possible we use careful file naming conventions to help you navigate and choose samples quickly and efficiently whilst producing. Typically a sound file name will begin with the first letters from the release title (see bellow).
Following this will be a short reference to what type of sound the file is:
wadh_bassloop (bass loop)
Then a tempo will be given:
Then a sample number or name:
Then finally a musical key will be given where necessary:
For many of our releases we prefer to give each file a unique name because when producing music ourselves we feel this is better than having to sift through a lot of numbered files.
11. How Do I Obtain a Multi-User Licence or a Licence for An Educational Establishment?
If you are a school, college or educational establishment and wish to purchase a multi-user agreement to cover your classes, these can be organized at a reduced rate by application to us directly.
12. What if I Am a Sound Designer and want to Work with Wave Alchemy?
We are always on the look out for new people to work with. If you are a sound designer and/or producer, and you like our products and would like to work with us in the future then please contact us. We would love to hear your work!